Back in the day...yeah, a few years ago, it was a seller's market. Marketing real estate in that day was pretty easy - name your price, no need to wish and hope as buyers were everywhere willing to pay whatever!
Today's environment is a lot different.
Buyers have so many choices in the Viera, Suntree and Rockledge market of Brevard County, Florida. Regardless of property type - new construction, single family home, golf course home, condo, 55+ communities like Heritage Isle - you name it, the choices are plentiful.
So how does one sell in this market? It may be more difficult but I have found that clients who follow my "Five P's" find success. If you are selling your Brevard County, Florida home, paying attention to these areas will get you on the right track!
- Prepare. Make repairs and take care of the little maintenance issues before you place the home on the market. If your home is older, spend a couple of hundred dollars or so on a pre-listing inspection and address any issues. What about a new coat of paint? Little things but they will save you money!
- Price. Price still sells. The market is competitive and you need to price competitively. After all, the buyer (market)will ultimately set the price. As a seller you have to decide what price you will accept.
- Presentation. Clean. Staged. Excess furnishings removed. Uncluttered. A fresh look. You have a very short time to make a good impression - be ready!
- Professional. As in professional representation by the real estate agent you choose to represent you. Your agent must know your area (market). Your agent must be a pro at marketing. Your agent must be available. Your agent must be accessible. Choose wisely! The Real Estate Marketing 101 course curriculum has been revised. Make sure your agent is current!
- Photographs. Thanks to Maureen Bray, Homestager in Portland Oregon, I have added a fifth "P". She pointed out the me the necessity of good, professional looking photographs. Most agents take excellent pictures today (software helps fix issues) so an owner just needs to make sure the presentation staging has been done before the photos are snapped.
If you are considering selling your Viera, Suntree, Rockledge or Melbourne Florida home, please give me a call directly at 321-693-3850 or email me.