It is at this point (sometimes) folks just fade into the wood works. Sometimes the contact becomes a client and purchases. The latter result is my desired outcome!
Why do I ask questions? To determine how I may best serve the caller.
What are some of the questions I ask?
- Are you working with another real estate agent? If a caller already has a real estate agent showing them property I do not want to interfere with that relationship.
- Have you been pre-approved for a mortgage? It does no good for me or the caller to see properties that are not within their budget or, even worse, if they can not obtain a mortgage.
- Are you familiar with the area? Folks who have no idea about the neighborhoods or general location need to narrow their choices. (Brevard County Florida is not a large county but it does run about 80 miles from north to south!) I always recommend folks determine the general location and then we can go from there! Some folks have requirements for work/commuting times, schools of choice, etc.
- Can you meet me at my office? I always initially meet folks at my office unless I already know them. It is a matter of safety for the caller and me!
- What is your timeline? If a property is a short sale the closing period may be delayed for a couple of months or so (assuming they like the house and submit an offer). If there is any urgency to their situation I recommend we avoid short sales unless there are temporary housing accommodations already in place or available.
- What are you looking for (age, square footage, construction,general condition, etc)? In order to provide quality service it is necessary that I know the caller's needs.
The above is not a complete list of questions however it is a starting point. In order for me to provide the level of professional service you deserve I need to know a little bit of information. So, if you call me about seeing any properties do not be offended if I ask questions.
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida. Call me at 321-693-3850 or email me at email@example.com.