If you are a first time home buyer there are a few keys to making the process a little less stressful. Having worked with buyers and sellers I can tell you that regardless of your position - buyer or seller - there is stress!
The first step - get pre-approved, please. There is nothing more disappointing than finding a house you really like and then not being able to obtain the financing. A lender will be able to pull your credit, discuss your financial obligations and tell you in advance what the monthly cost will be with your qualifying price range. After all, you do not want to get into a situation where you are pressed each month to pay the mortgage!
The next step...finding your new home. How does one go about finding a house - there are so many out there! Here are a few recommendations:
- Choose (and stick with) one real estate agent.
- Find an agent who works primarily in the area of your search.
- Browse the Internet for listings. In brevard COunty Florida you can go to www.brevardmls.com
- Remember, the seller pays the real estate agent - not the buyer!
- Identify your requirements early. Know what you must have in a home as well as what you CAN NOT have in a house. These include size, location, price, yard size, school district, age of the home, etc. What is important to you needs to be told to your agent.
Buying a home is an exciting and stressful time. Choosing and sticking with a single real estate agent is key!
If you are looking to purchase a home in Viera, Rockledge or Suntree Florida, please give me a call. Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, primarily serving Suntree, Rockledge and Viera, Florida.