I was sending an email to a contact this morning. Everyone wants to know how the market is down there in Brevard County. I always ask the same question - which market?
A lot of folks, including the media talking heads (and the local newspaper itself), assume the market is one thing. It is not folks. There are multiple sectors of the market. Lets see...
- 55+ market
- condo market (overbuilt, big inventory)
- investor market
- short sale market
- REO / bank Owned property market
- Rental market
- locality within the County (Viera market is definitely different than the Palm Bay market)
- Price range market (the $200,000 and below market is different than the 500K+ market)
- New Construction market (builders are competing with each other)
So, when you ask about the real estate market in Brevard County, remember to be specific and don't accept generalizations as the way all sectors of the markets are performing.
Interested in real estate in Brevard County, specifically Viera, Suntree, Rockledge and Cocoa, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached by phone directly at 321-693-3850 or by email to email@example.com.
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida.