I was discussing client interviews with another agent in my office, Century 21 Baytree Realty, yesterday morning. She had just landed a new listing for another Viera Florida property.
Getting sellers to commit to you as their real estate agent of choice is a lot harder than it used to be...harder for the seller, that is!
In the "old days," (seems like only a couple of years ago - it was) a seller in Viera or Rockledge Florida had an easy time selecting their real estate agent - choose the one who tells you they will list for the highest price! That may not have been the only criterion used but it was the main one.
Now selecting your Viera and Rockledge agent is a little but different. Sure, price is key but it is only one of the factors. The other key areas used to make the decision include:
- Familiarity with the neighborhood/area. Sellers want to know their agent has local knowledge. Buyers have questions about schools, restaurants, churches, golf courses, etc. An agent who knows the area well can sell the area well!
- A marketing plan. There is much more to selling a property than placing a sign out front!
- Internet Presence. Sellers know that buyers use the Internet to shop for everything from Christmas gifts to houses!
- Comfort. Sellers want to feel comfortable with their agent. This is a stressful time and this "we're in it together feeling" can help. I know from experience!
- Realistic Expectations. I have found that sellers who are motivated really do want to have their expectations grounded in facts...not wishful thinking! This goes hand-in-hand with the comfort!