The period of time between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day typically is slow for real estate, even in the sunshine of Central Florida! So a preliminary look at the Brevard County Florida December 2008 sales information from the Brevard County MLS system reveals the following.
In December 2008...
- 383 Single Family Homes were sold.
- Average Days on the Market for sold properties was 114 days.
- Average selling price was almost $162,000.
- Sellers negotiated as the homes sold were for about 91% of list price.
- Average listing price was just over $177,000.
Interest rates are now at historical record lows. A lot of owners are apparently re-financing as the mortgage applications rates are up. The real estate market does present some opportunities for some!
If you are considering buying or selling a home in the Rockledge and Viera (including Suntree) areas of Florida's Space Coast, please give me a call if I can assist you in any way. Gary Waters Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida. Call me directly at 321-693-3850 or email me at email@example.com.