U.S. NEWS & WORLD magazine features lots of lists. They are no different than most publications. Their lists include healthiest places, brainiest places, outdoorsiest places, greenest places, etc. I am sure you see a pattern here. If not, check out their main list page.
I was really surprised to read this morning's Florida Today newspaper front page and see Cocoa, Florida listed as one of 10 affordable cities for retirees. While Cocoa's selection surprised me, I can understand why a city from this area was chosen! Cocoa does border my home area (Rockledge and Viera) which I believe are the most desirable and affordable places to live in Florida!
What are some of those characteristics? Lets see...
- Climate (average January about 61, July about 81)
- Affordable housing (even newer construction in Viera can be found well under $200,000!)
- Recreation (beaches, golf, boating, fishing, cruises, etc)
- Cultural attractions
- Availability of quality health care facilities (Health First is constructing a new hospital in Viera)
- Proximity to Orlando (40 miles)
- Excellent schools, colleges
- Read the entire US NEWS article here
If you are considering a move to Florida's Space Coast, consider the central Brevard County communities of Viera and Rockledge (and Cocoa). Viera has several 55+ communities including the very popular Heritage Isle development as well as Indian River Colony Club and Grand Isle. With Duran Golf Club, Baytree National Golf Links nearby, Turtle Creek Golf Course, Viera East Golf Course...there are plenty of tee times available!
For information on Brevard County Florida living and real estate, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or directly at 321-693-3850. Gary Waters, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida.