And, condos have fees as well! Usually every month. Depending on the complex they can be fairly steep.
What do these fees pay for? It varies but could include...
- Common area maintenance,
- Exterior maintenance,
- Common area taxes,
- Electricity for common areas,
- Pool maintenance,
- Clubhouse maintenance,
- Putting green maintenance,
- Fitness/exercise equipment,
- Insurance for the exterior of the buildings,
- Association cash reserves, parking lot maintenance,
- Entry way maintenance/gates or gate guards,
- That dock on the Indian River,
- Tennis and basketball court upkeep….
The point is - condo dues exist and must be paid!
So, when looking for a condo or house in the Brevard County area, including Cocoa Beach and Satellite Beach, remember to include the condo or home owner association dues in your budget.