He explained that buying from a For Sale By Owner was the best way because he done it all by himself.
I congratulated him on his achievement and reminded him of the many who have done it to themselves by going it alone!
Buying a house involves much more than looking at the house and the price, making an offer, closing, moving in and living happily ever after!
A real estate professional can guide you through the process that includes a bunch of potential pitfalls and hurdles such as:
- Homeowner Insurance, if available and at what price?
- Title Insurance Inspections (structural and wood destroying insects)
- Homeowner and Condo document review. This is critical!
- Checking out financial stability of association. As an owner in a condo association you are on the hook as well!
- Offer and Negotiation.
- Checking out crime statistics, schools and more!
By the way, a real estate agent will gladly approach a FSBO for you…so why go it alone? Don't call or knock on the door...give your real estate agent the info!
In Brevard County Florida, call me to discuss how a real estate agent can make your next home or condo purchase a whole lot easier than you think!
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, Rockledge Florida working exclusively with Century 21 Baytree Realty.