I can understand some personalization of your home but when selling you should be a bit more neutral.
For instance, I have personally seen with my clients things such as ...
- Your huge pool table and beer machine in your living room. What a first impression!
- Your house is not a dorm room. Clean up and throw away the beer bottles!
- Your garden tub is nice but placing rocks, a little water and couple of turtles in it does not impress buyers!
- Ladies lingerie and undergarments thrown along the floor. While it did result in comments, it was not quite what my retiree clients are looking for in a home!
- Twenty varieties of Nascar clocks, a race car shaped rug and your racing themed wall paper does make your family room inviting - if your buyer is Dale Earnhardt Jr or Danica Patrick (the Go Daddy girl!)!
When selling your home, remember you are trying to sell!
Call me to discuss how we can help you buy or sell real estate in Brevard County, Florida. Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent , Bucci Realty, working exclusively with Century 21 Baytree Realty.