A few of the interesting tidbits (this survey is comprehensive!) revealed:
- Primary information source for all buyers: Internet (90%), real estate agent (87%)
- First step in buying process: Look online (36%)
- Purchased with financing: 92%
- Sellers who used real estate agent to sell: 85%
- Median Age of Seller: 46 years old
- Sold as "for sale by owner" (FSBO): 11%
- Number of agents interviewed: 64% interviewed only 1 agent
- Characteristic buyers compromised on most: price (18%)
- Characteristic buyers compromised on least: quality of schools (3%), quality of neighborhood (5%)
As a prospective seller keep in mind - Buyers will compromise on price but not poor schools(or neighborhoods) and Buyers look on the Internet – not in the newspaper!
If you are considering buying or selling a house or condo in Viera, Suntree or Rockledge, Florida, give me a call or send me an email to discuss how we can assist you. Choosing a real estate agent and company that knows where the buyers are is key when marketing your house!
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty working exclusively with Century 21 Baytree Realty.