Being a real estate professional I know the “secret words.” Now this is really written with a tinge of sarcasm and humor...but sometimes there are things to be learned in sarcasm!
Here are some secret phrases and the meaning…ssshhh, don’t tell anyone where you got these. Tomorrow I will show you the secret handshake!
- “Owner will be taking ceiling fans.” Check to see what else will go with seller…
- “Value in the land.” POS!
- “Roof is in good shape.” Better have it inspected on a sunny day!
- “Buyer backed away!” Previous buyer did not just walk...they would not even turn their backs as they hustled on down the road!
- “This is truly an opportunity knocking...Needs just some updating.” I priced it as low as the sellers would go but come on. lets see if they will take a lower price, please!
- "Owner is allowing a carpet allowance" If the carpet is so bad even the owner acknowledges the condition, leave your shoes on!
- “Needs a little cosmetic help, but in great shape” Not sure...This may have been what my last girl friend said about me! I married my last girlfriend over 31 years ago!
Gary Waters, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida, serving buyers and sellers in Brevard County Florida's most popular communities - Viera, Suntree, Heritage Isle, Cocoa Beach, Rockledge and all of central Brevard!