I have read similar stories about supposed option to buy schemes where the "buyer" has been scammed out of thousands of dollars. As a real estate agent I have quit using Craigslist, for the most part, because of the increased potential for scams. [Scammers basically copy the data on a property and substitute their own contact information to lure the unsuspecting consumer.]
Where can you go to get reliable information?
- Your local real estate agent [In Rockledge, Viera and Suntree, Florida call me at 321-693-3850]
- Your local Realtor web site [ Gary l. Waters, PLLC in Brevard County, Florida]
- Your local Realtor Board web site [In Brevard County, Florida]
- Your local brick and mortar real estate office [Like Century 21 Baytree Realty, 1211 Admiralty Blvd in Rockledge, Florida]
- A trusted leader in real estate - world wide like www.century21.com
- Web sites such as www.localism.com, www.activerain.com, www.realtor.com
- Other general information sites like www.zillow.com and www.trulia.com
In Brevard County, Florida, call or email me!
EVEN CRAIGSLIST HAS THIS WARNING ON THEIR HOMEPAGE: DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON!
©Gary l. Waters, PLLC in Brevard County, Florida