Some of the differences:
- While both are gated communities, Heritage Isle has a security guarded main entry while Grand Isle is keypad entry.
- Grand Isle has more '”green” between the houses while Heritage Isle seems more zero lot line although the larger houses in Heritage Isle are on larger lots
- Grand Isle is all single family detached houses. Heritage Isle has three four-story condo buildings, patio style homes (six in a building), duplex type houses as well as single family detached units.In Heritage Isle these differing structures are intermingled which is viewed as a detractor by some.
- Heritage Isle’s clubhouse (21,000 sq ft) is larger and open 7 days a week. The Grand Isle clubhouse was closed on Sunday. Both have a fitness center, classes, pool, tennis, shuffleboard, etc.
- Prices in both communities are close although Grand Isle may be just a bit more.
- Heritage Isle owners pay $300 - $400 (condos) monthly in dues while Grand Isle is $250.
- The homeowners in Grand Isle own the clubhouse while in Heritage Isle it is owned by a separate corporation.
If you are considering a 55+ community in Florida, especially Viera, you
need to must visit both Heritage Isle and Grand Isle as they are different…and have distinctly different personalities!
Gary L. Waters PLLC, Realtor®, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida