The results of the property inspection can be a showstopper or maybe a chance to negotiate some repairs. After all, in real estate, everything is negotiable!
Your real estate agent can give you a list of inspection companies that they have dealt with previously. I don't recommend any specific one but I will tell you who I used personally and who my clients have previously used. You can Google home inspectors in your area. Look it up in the Yellow Pages (does anyone use the phone book anymore?).
Some of the things to consider and questions to ask include:
- Licensed - an obvious question.
- What is covered during the inspection?
- Can you be present?
- Does the inspector do or they recommend anyone for repairs?
- What type of report will you receive as well as when will you receive a report?
- Does the inspector include photos of issues?
- Will you come back after repairs, if required, and re-inspect the repair issues?
This is not an all inclusive guide to home inspectors in Brevard County (or elsewhere) but it is intended to make sure you understand the importance of the inspection. After all, your house is a major investment!
©Gary L. Waters PLLC, Realtor®, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge Florida serving buyers and sellers in Rockledge, Viera, Suntree and Merritt Island, Florida.