The reality is the competition for buyers in Viera places Sonoma at a disadvantage - newer construction, similar prices nearby. Additionally the number of short sale properties on the market places further pressure on sellers in Sonoma.
That is kind of a matter of fact response to "Hows the market in Sonoma?" Buyers and sellers need to know this as it helps dispel any misconceptions. The reality is...
- 12 active listings in Sonoma priced from $189900 to $464,000.
- All homes were built 2003 - 2006, ranging from 1,813 to 3,620 sq ft (coincidentally the lowest, highest priced properties).
- Seven of the active properties are short sales priced $249,900 to $309,000.
- Five properties are under contract (3 are short sales).
- One house sold in July 2010, a 3 bedroom 2 bath 3 car garage with 2,176 q ft sold for $205,000 [Address: 4430 Chardonnay Dr]
email me. Gary L. Waters PLLC, Realtor, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida. (By the way, our office is the closest office to Sonoma.)