As a prospective seller you should consider such issues as…
- If you have a mortgage, what is the payoff?
- If you are upside down, how much cash will you have to bring to the closing table?
- Is your situation one that requires a short sale?
- What is your time frame?
- Why are you selling? This is critical. I wrote about it several years ago its not your Realtor's job to...
- Will you sell it yourself (FSBO) or hire a real estate agent? The decision to go it alone or hire a real estate agent is critical.
Your local real estate agent should be able to:
- Tell you "the marketable price" [not the selling price] of your house or condo?
- Tell you what is happening in your neighborhood such as short sales, foreclosures,etc.
- Know how many houses or condos are on the market in your neighborhood.
- Know who your most likely buyer is and have a plan to market to that buyer pool.
- Tell you if your house “qualifies” for an open house. [Some properties and/or locations are just not open house material.]
- Make recommendations for preparing your house for marketing.
Gary L. Waters, PLLC, Realtor, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, FLorda, 321-693-3850 or email me.