When you place your house on the market you really never know who will be visiting your house. If they have a real estate agent there is a greater chance that someone knows who they are!
So what can a seller do? This is not an all inclusive list but hopefully it will help you if your home is on the market.
- Put away valuables. Small cameras, I-pads, I-pods, laptops or net books, money.
- Put away or remove personal documents. This includes bank and credit card statements, passports, birth certificates, etc. Think identity theft! Think identity theft!
- Put away or lock up firearms. There may be small children or theft!
- Put away those medications (and alcohol!).
- Take the pets out for a walk.
- Remove trip hazards. You don't need to be sued!
- Never let strangers in your house - even if it is a real estate agent if the office has not notified you of a showing.
Gary L. Waters PLLC, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida serving Florida's Space Coast including the cities and communities of Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Suntree, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and the surrounding region.