There are no hidden secrets to selling your house regardless of location, market or condition.
- Price it right. The number one factor in selling is appropriate pricing. Price appropriate to competition, condition, location and motivation.
- Stage it right. It must look its best. Put yourself in the position of a buyer. What will they see when they pull up to your house? What will they see when they open that front door?
- Show it right. Make your home available during reasonable hours. Let your real estate agent place an electronic lock box on your home. Keep your home in "show ready" condition until the day it sells!
- Negotiate it right. Understand that buyers will want to negotiate. If you have priced it right for the competition then your offer should come in a reasonable time. Be realistic as there is only so much you will get for your house and it will have to appraise for the buyer to get a mortgage!
- Close it right. The property inspection will come. If there is a problem, address it by repair or compensate. Leave the property in a condition that allows the buyer to move in before hiring Molly Maids to clean it!