In a buyer’s market with lots of choices when it comes to selecting homes for viewing, sellers must try their best to accommodate reasonable showing requests.
Most of the buyers I have worked with are considerate as well and only in the most challenging times ask for short notice showings. Still, there are times when the showing appointment requirements are a bit rigid (extreme) and cause buyers to look elsewhere.
For example, which of the below showing instructions will likely work best to accommodate buyers?
- Agent to accompany but need two hours notice.
- Vacant, on electronic lock box, please call agent to schedule.
- Owner occupied, 24 hours notice required to show.
- No showings only weekends.
- Owner must be present for all showings.
- Owner occupied. One hour notice, if possible, so owner may leave with pet.
Gary L. Waters, PLLC, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida