In Rockledge, Florida's Phillips Landing development there are a few re-sales however among the active listings is another eight or nine that are new construction or under construction properties.
Given a choice between a five year old home or a new 2010 model most buyers will opt for new construction if the prices are even close.
In the past couple of months there have been four homes sold in Phillips Landing. Two of these were short sales that sold in the $143-150,000 range while a foreclosure sold for $219,000 (2,960 sq ft, 4 BR 2.5 bath with a pool). About a week ago a short sale sold for $165,000 ( a 3 BR 2 bath 2 car garage with pool and 2,394 sq ft under air).
At this time most of the distressed properties are gone so if you are going to sell in Phillips Landing in Rockledge, you must compete with the builder.
What does it mean to compete with the builder?
- Better Price. This is the reality ( a used car should not be priced the same as a new car!)
- Superb condition. Do what is necessary including some painting, staging, landscape work.
- Home warranty provided. I will pay for it if you list with me!
- Incentive for buyer. Closing cost assistance or ?
- Flexibility in showings. The model home is easy to access so must your home!
© Gary L. Waters PLLC, Realtor®/Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida
A few of my older posts...
- Two Down, Seven To Go: Short Sale Houses For Sale in Rockledge Florida’s Phillips Landing Subdivision