I learned a long time ago that there will be issues, whether working with the buyer or the seller, in which there can be no resolution except to move on.
- Perhaps it was that darn home inspection that revealed some hidden issues. [A pre-listing inspection would have alerted the seller.]
- Perhaps it is just that deferred maintenance that has left a honey do list that will take months! [Maybe price concession and have the buyer deal with them later?]
- Perhaps it was that appraisal. I have received grief for saying this but appraisals are black-and-white.
- Perhaps it that buyer’s employer who now says the economy is forcing layoffs or reduced hours.
- Perhaps it is that buyer who now wants everything to be thrown in (the furniture, dear deceased Aunt Mildred's lamp, the riding lawn mower, etc). Oh, I left it out - for free!