If you are thinking about selling your house or condo in the current Brevard County real estate market, here are a few things to consider.
1. Mortgage Balance. This is especially an issue in this down market. What is your payoff? Will you need to bring money to the table? This is especially important to know early on as it impacts the entire process (short sale vs. standard sale).
2. New home strategy. Will you be purchasing another house right away. Can you qualify for a mortgage without selling your current home first?
3. Timing. Do you have temporary accommodations so that you can leave your home once it sells. I have worked with some buyers who have a home in the mountains or even a rental unit that will be vacant while they search.
4. Real Estate Agent. Hiring the right real estate agent
5. Why? Prices are indeed depressed. The money you receive for your current house may not be as much as you would like (never is!). But, on the other hand, you are in a position to purchase much more house now.
Gary L. Waters PLLC, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida serving Florida's Space Coast including the cities and communities of Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Suntree, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and the surrounding region.