And if you are ready to sell your Viera or Rockledge, Florida home know this – especially if your home is located in one of the developments with continuing construction like Rockledge's Phillips Landing or Viera’s Capron Trace, you must compete with the builder.
I have personally experienced the challenge of selling while the builder was still offering new construction. And, unfortunately, I had to sell at a discount even though the house was less than two years old.
How does a seller modify their strategy when competing with the builder?
- Better Price. This is the reality ( a used car should not be priced the same as a new car!)
- Condition. Do what is necessary including some painting, staging, landscape work.
- Warranty. The builder provides one. If you home is still under warranty consider offering and extension.
- Incentives. Possible closing cost assistance.
- Flexibility in showings. The model home is easy to access. I understand this can be a challenge but reasonable access should be your goal.
- Open House. Assuming your home is move in ready then an open house may be a good strategy. Although most homes do not sell during an open house you can possibly capture prospects who are also viewing the model home the same day.
Gary L. Waters PLLC, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida serving Florida's Space Coast including the cities and communities of Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Suntree, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and the surrounding region.