“The questions” will provide the answers which are key to your real estate agent knowing how to best assist you in the buying process. [These are presented in no particular order.]
- What are you looking for? [condo, single family, 55+ community, golf course, beach front, gated – nothing specific yet.]
- Will this be your primary residence or a second home? [Is this an investment property, holiday/vacation home only used in winter, primary home, etc.]
- Are you familiar with the area? [Brevard County, Florida is about 75 miles north to south. Each area has its own price ranges, offerings, etc.]
- What is your price range? [Key factor although if one is not aware of the local market it may be a bit difficult to answer precisely so a ball park.]
- Have you arranged for a mortgage pre-approval or have proof of funds if it will be a cash transaction? [The ability to purchase is critical. No one wants to find the perfect house only to not be able to purchase it.]
- What is your time frame? [Short sales may be a consideration if your schedule is flexible. If it is a job transfer then time may be critical.]
- Are you working with another real estate agent? [This is key as you can be best served by using one real estate agent.]
- Are you familiar with the home buying process? [It is important to know your knowledge level.]
The home buying process can be stressful. You will likely spend a lot of time with a real estate agent. Open, forthright communication is the best approach to successfully finding your new home. And it starts with the initial questions.
If you are considering purchasing a home in Brevard County, Florida, call me directly at 321-693-3850 or email me.
Gary L. Waters, PLLC, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge