Hurricanes and storms are just one of the minor irritations about living in Florida. I like to remind tell folks buying a home in Florida "You can run from a hurricane but not the snow, ice and cold!"
I saw earlier this week the expert projections for storm count had been released. I am not sure how they do it or how accurate the predictions but I do know, prepare now before anything rears its ugly head!
There are plenty of web sites that will provide advice on what to do. Here in Brevard County, Florida, take a look at the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) web site for suggestions. If you are into social media, follow the Brevard EOC on Twitter.
There are common sense things to do when preparing like:
- Stock up on non-perishable foods and bottled water,
- Keep vehicle topped off with gas,
- Have tarps available to cover roof just in case,
- Have shutters (or plywood available),
- Remember your pet’s needs.
Be ready as it is no fun to wait and get caught up in pre-storm hysteria – which always happens!