Let’s face it – selling your home can be stressful. When preparing a home for sale many sellers often concentrate on curb appeal, de-cluttering, de-personalization, cleaning and forget about about another important area – safety and security.
As a seller you don’t know the people who will be entering your home. Very often their real estate agent doesn't know them very well either.
As a Realtor® I have a plan for showing your home. I keep the clients together as much as possible and in front of me which at times can be a challenge.
As a seller, I offer these additional considerations.
- Never open your door to a stranger who saw the sign and wants to look. Refer them to your Realtor®.
- Never let a real estate agent in unless you have been notified previously.
- Pack away in a secure area anything that can be easily stolen like cash, credit cards, cameras, net books/laptop computers – anything that can be easily stolen.
- Secure any firearms. Never leave firearms where they can be stolen or even worse, where a child can get their hands on it.
- Guard your documents. Identity theft is a major consideration. Make sure any important papers (birth certificates, social security cards, bank information, is secured.
Selling is stressful enough without having to deal with a safety and security incident or worse!
When you are ready to sell your Brevard County, Florida home, please contact me if I can help in any way.