- Overall the taxes collected in Brevard County is number 35 of 37 counties.
- $973 – the amount in property taxes for each person collected by County, Public Schools and municipalities (average statewide was $1,360).
- Average property tax rate of $18.18 per $1,000 taxable value (state average $19.01).
- Property tax growth 2000-2010 was 54% (67% state average).
- Brevard County ranks 10th in population (543,376).
- Brevard County is one of eight counties that does not collect an optional sales tax or additional gas taxes to add revenue.