I am not sure about labeling collaboration as a technique although working together - for the transaction - while never wavering in their duties to their client (buyer or seller) is a real estate agent's primary responsibility.
That is the way it should be done.
No confrontation there either.
- Real negotiation is a give and take process.
- Even if buyers have an advantage in a buyer's market they should still show sincerity.
- If it is a short sale the lender may be the negotiator!
- Take it or leave is not a negotiation technique!
- Price high and negotiate later is not a strategy either!
Yes...re-negotiate repairs, price concessions or whatever - if you really want the house!