The most obvious answer to this question is a resounding YES!
My response is simply a short "It depends." It depends on your relationship with your tenant. It depends on whether your tenant maintains a clean property.
[How do you know this? As a landlord you are certainly making visits to the property (or your property manager is), right?]
I have worked with buyers looking at homes for sale in Brevard County that were tenant occupied and some of our experiences included...
- the tenant who bad mouthed the owner about maintenance neglect
- the tenant who brought up every issue about the property
- the tenant who explained about how the neighbors were a menace
- the tenants who who were uncooperative about showing the property
- the tenant who kept the dirtiest house I have ever seen (if you can smell it, you can't sell it!)
Should you sell your home while it is tenant occupied?
The answer is a resounding.....It Depends! A well maintained occupied home with furnishings is almost always preferred to a cold empty dark space.
When you are ready to sell your Brevard County Florida home, give me a call to discuss how I can work with you.