Viera (Melbourne, Florida) is Brevard County's Florida's most popular planned unit development.
It is the newest development in Brevard County. It is home to the area’s newest hospital, Viera Hospital. [Here is a nice video on Viera Hospital.]
Viera is home to excellent shopping at The Avenues of Viera, professional baseball (Washington Nationals spring training facility also), the largest high school in the county (Viera High School), many restaurants, a couple of excellent golf courses including Duran Golf Club and much more!
Best of all for those looking to buy a home in Brevard County, Florida.... Viera has become very affordable.
A look at the highest priced homes sold in Viera in 2011 (pulled from Brevard MLS data) will show just how affordable prices have become recently - even at the highest end of the buying spectrum.
There were only 21 properties that sold in Viera for over $500,000 in 2011. These were all located west of I-95 in the “new” Viera area.
To put this small number in perspective…477 single family homes sold in all of Viera last year (182 of these were west I-95).
As for million dollar homes…only one home sold for more than the million mark – 4419 Chiming Lane in Summer Lakes – a 3,303 sq.ft. home on 1.26 acres with 4 bedrooms/4.5 baths /3 car garage with pool. Selling price was $1,098,000.
Summer Lakes is indeed home to some very nice properties. The next five highest priced homes sold in Viera during 2011 were also in Summer Lakes. These included -
- 4428 Reseda Way – 4,024 sq.ft. sold for $945,00
- 3133 Bellwind Circle – 3.926 sq.ft. sold for $929,500
- 2922 Bellwind Circle – 3,526 sq.ft. sold for $815,000
- 3212 Bellwind Circle – 4,5651 sq.ft.. sold for $775,000
- 3012 Bellwind Circle - 8,071 sq.ft. sold for $756,672
- 3728 Imperata Drive in Charolais Estates, a 3,505 sq.ft. home selling for $737,500
- 3188 Wyndham Way in Wyndham at Duran, a 4,275 sq.ft. home selling for $700,000
- 5099 Duson Way in Charolais Estates, a 4,652 sq.ft. home selling for $690,000
- 3209 Wyndham Way in Wyndham at Duran, a 4,655 sq.ft. home selling for $670,000
Even if you are not in the market for a gated, executive home at the high end of the price spectrum, Viera has something for you!