In the movie the late 1980s movie called The Burbs there was a street named Mayfield Place. This movie was a comedic story of paranoia about new neighbors starring Tom Hanks.
The Burbs illustrates one of the greatest obstacles to finding the perfect home....the neighbors!
I have never been on a listing appointment in Viera, Suntree or any part of Brevard County, Florida where the seller has said anything negative about the neighbors or the neighborhood.
There is likely not too many perfect neighborhood with perfect neighbors.
What are some of the things a buyer can do?
- Drive through the neighborhood at varying times of the day.
- Drive through on the weekend.
- Take a walk through the neighborhood during the early evening or a Saturday morning.
- Call the local police and check if there are any issues in the neighborhood.
- Talk to the people in the neighborhood.
- Go to the FDLE sexual offender database and see if anyone on the list is living nearby.
We all have our flaws. Most are little things that, luckily for us, most people overlook and see the big picture - our positives.
Sometimes neighborhoods are like people - flawed but overall good.
By the way, although Brevard County, Florida does not have a Mayfield Place, I am sure it does!
When you are ready to buy or sell a house in Brevard County, Florida, please let me assist you!