I was researching listings for an out of town buyer prospect yesterday. They had listed their requirements quite clearly including...
- Had to have a private pool, large yard, great nearby schools, no home owner association rules, had to be in Viera (a planned unit development in central Brevard County, Florida), and, most importantly, had to be available for less than $200,000. Also, if it was in gated community near a golf course, even better.
First of all Viera has no community that is not included in an Association.
Rules are part of the reason some move into planned unit developments like Viera or the neighboring Suntree. Excellent schools...available almost anywhere in Brevard County as well.
I tried to give them a good picture of the Viera Florida housing market (not including the three 55+ communities) in my response. Some of the things I pointed out to them are in included below.
- The bottom price for a pool home in Viera right now is $190,000.
- There are 37 listings in Viera's gated communities priced from $223,000 to more than $1.6 million.
- Short sales are in short supply in Viera with only 14 active properties.
- If foreclosures are your target there are even fewer - only 5 on the market! How about foreclosures with a pool in a gated community in Viera ? Only 1 listings but forget the pool and there is another one!
- And what about large yards? If you consider .4 acres as large then there are 10 properties all priced above $610,000 except for one listing at $244,900.
- Looking for a direct golf course home? There are only 7 homes with five being located in the exclusive Wyndham at Duran golf course community (2 listings in the $223-290,000 range).
- Under $150,000 - 9
- $150,000 to $175,000 - 3
- $175,000 to $200,000 - 9
- $200000 to $250000 - 16
- $250,001 and higher - 71