A key indicator of likely success in selling your home is activity. No secret here... very few buy anything unseen.
So if your Brevard County, Florida home is listed for sale and it is just sitting, what can you do to generate activity?
What brings prospective buyers to your front door?
- Price. If the price is not reasonable when compared to similar homes then buyers ted to skip it.
- Too long on the market. Buyers tend to view an listing as having "something wrong" if it has been sitting for an excessive period of time without a contract. What is an excessive period of time? I refer folks to my 30-10-1 rule.Basically it means if your home is listed for 30 days and has less than 10 showings and not one offer, then the price is an issue.
- Ease of showing. Many times buyers who are re-locating have limited availability. requiring a 24 hour advance notice can be a barrier to some prospects. Another barrier is "owner must be present for showings." I think it is a bad idea for a seller to ever be present when prospects are looking. Prospects are less comfortable and seem to take more of a cursory look rather than assess the home's qualities.
- Promotion. What is your real estate agent doing to promote your listing? Is an open house a consideration? What about internet exposure?
Look at all of the above if your home is just sitting. Selling your home is simple...
- Price it correctly for the market and condition.
- Cooperate with reasonable showing requests.
- Make sure your real estate agent is promoting the home to the right buyer pool.
If you are considering selling your Brevard County, Florida home, I would welcome the chance tow work for you. Please call me at 321-693-3850 or email me if I can help in any way.