Someone asked me this question just this past week. Of course, the first thing I did was clarify two things
- What is "newer?"
- What size house?
The questioner was looking for the cost of a generic 2005+ year built home with about 1,800 to 2,000 square feet under air.
So I did a little research for them for average list price for active listings built after 2005 with 1,800-2,000 square feet.
Since they did not know much about Brevard County I selected various zip codes that represent some north, south and central areas. Note that a single zip code rarely covers the entire city or area so these are only representative of the general area.
- Zip Code 32927 (Port St John) – $135,000
- Zip Code 32909 (Palm Bay southern areas) – $142,000
- Zip Code 32904 (West Melbourne) – $186,000
- Zip Code 32940 (Suntree and Viera areas) – $223,000
- Zip Code 32955 (Rockledge and some Viera areas) – $186,000
- Zip Code 32780 (Titusville) – $150,000
The above examples reinforce what you always hear when it comes to real estate….location matters.
If you are considering a home purchase in Brevard County, Florida it may come down to choosing location and size if your budget is pretty fixed.
For information on homes for sale in Brevard County, Florida call me at 321-693-3850 or email me.