Some of these include things like obvious things...
- De-clutter - too much stuff is always bad,
- De-personalize - you are selling your house, not your accomplishments or children,
- Fresh paint - neutral colors are a must if you have “wild” or dark walls,
- Landscaping - remember what mom said about first impressions,
- Clean - common sense and can’t be emphasized enough.
- Do not leave your computers on. A flash drive and anyone can down load files. Better yet turn off your computers. If you have laptops, an iPad or any other data holding device, lock them away.
- Almost all homes have file cabinets with important documents like old tax returns, financial records and the like. Hide, remove or securely store items an identity thief could use.
- Store securely any expensive jewelry. And while you are at it store away any medications.
- Weapons. Make sure all handguns, rifles and the like are locked away. Protect yourself and any children who may accompany showings.
Considering selling your Viera, Rockledge, or Suntree home? Call me at 321-693-3850 if I can help in any way.