The process of selling a home has plenty of potential roadblocks. The process involves disclosures, preparation, negotiations, contracts, inspections, and more. There can be safety and security issues as well.
What is the best way to sell your house? Hire a real estate agent who understands the process and your goals.
The first step? The interview. Any agent worth your business should be able to give you real answers to questions like...
- What has sold in my neighborhood (area, similar communities, street, etc)?
- What has not sold in my neighborhood (active, how long, price, withdrawn)?
- Why did these properties sell or not sell?
- How much can I get? No surprise this is the number one question.
- When can I get it? Selling is stressful. People have lives that are disrupted temporarily in the process, moving plans to be made, etc. I understand very well. Closings typically take about 30 to 45 days from the contract date to close.
- How much will it cost me? Remember fees and commissions are always negotiable.
- How much do I walk away with? All of the above questions impact this answer as well as key things like any mortgage payoff.
"Know what you know....always make enough money to pay for what you don't do well...and make time to do the things you enjoy most."