It was not that long ago many buyers were looking for what they considered fire sales - also known as short sales and foreclosures. With 72% of the current single family inventory being standard sales the opportunity for picking up a nicely priced distressed sale still exists but will require more work to find. The single family distressed property inventory is made up of 209 short sale and 409 foreclosure listings as of this morning.
The inventory of active condo listings stands at 743 units with only 31 being short sales and 67 foreclosures.
Residential Units sold May 2013 in Brevard County
- Properties Sold - 729 (of these only 21 were short sales)
- Average Days on Market - 78
- Average Selling Price - $164,557
- Median Selling Price - $124,500.
- List/Sell ratio 96% Of the single family sold
- Condos Sold - 145
- Average Selling Price - $151,122
- Median Selling Price - $109,000
- Average Days on Market - 97
- List/Sell ratio - 94%
The above numbers are preliminary data and will likely change as end of the month closings are entered into the MLS system.