Pre-listing inspections can be a good marketing tool. Prospective buyers may have a higher degree of confidence if the property has been inspected and the results provided and issues addressed and disclosed.
Furthermore, a pre-listing inspection can be a safety net for a seller.
When an offer does come the buyer will likely have a property inspection done. And, even if it is an "as is" contract, if something is found to be a major problem it may cause the buyer to walk.
Even if the issues found are minor and can be addressed with an easy fix, they could likely become a "deduction" in another round of negotiations.
Please review these articles about preparing your home for the market and then call me if I can help you sell your Brevard County, Florida home.
- Pre-Listing Inspections May Prevent Post Contract Blues
- Sellers - Get an inspection done first!
- No deal Busters - How to save a deal even when there are inspection problems!
- What your listing price should reflect.
- Placing your home on the market without preparing it for the market...
Considering buying a home in Viera, Florida? Call me if I can help in any way.