So how much home could you buy if your purchase price was near the average price? Here are a few examples from December 2013 closed sales as reported in the Brevard MLS system.
- 134 Michigan Ave., Indialantic sold for $150,000. This 1531 ft.² 3 BR/3 Bath/1 car garage
- 1009 Pelican Ln., Rockledge sold for $152,900. This 1654 ft.² three-bedroom two-bath two-car garage home was built 1995.
- 605 Janice Court, Merritt Island sold for $159,900. This four-bedroom, two-bath one-car
- 4250 Millicent Circle, Melbourne sold 160,000. This Eagle Lake subdivision 2006 built five-bedroom two-bath home with 2316 ft.² and a two-car garage was a standard sale.
- 3367 Caraway St. in Cocoa sold for $160,000. This 1511 ft.² 3 bedroom 2 bath 1993 built two-car garage home had a 1.01 acre lot.
- 209 SE. Brandy Creek Cir., Palm Bay sold for $162,000. A 2005 built home with2271 ft.² this four-bedroom three bath home with three car garage was a foreclosure.
- 859 Hunters Creek Dr.,West Melbourne sold for $163,000. This 1994 built 1614 ft.² three-bedroom two-bath two-car garage home is located in Hunters Creek.
- 1531 Wekiva Drive located in Suntree sold for $165,000. This 2002 built three-bedroom two-bath two-car garage foreclosure had 1910 ft.² under air.
- 741 Wickham Lakes Dr. in Viera sold $166,000. A 2000 built three-bedroom two-bath two-car garage foreclosure with 1608 ft.² under air.
- 2087 NW Neveah Ave. Palm Bay sold for $166,300. This 1984 ft.² new construction four-bedroom two and a half bath two-car garage was sold by the builder in the new Parkside West development.
The examples above illustrate the differences in price based on location (beach side, south county, Suntree, Viera, etc) and circumstance of sale (foreclosure vs. standard sale). Of course there are other factors which can impact price ( age, size, etc.).
For information buying a home in Brevard County, Florida, give me a call at 321-693-3850 or send me an email.