Some highlights from the August 2014 single family homes sales statistics compared to August 2013 sales data.
- Closed Sales are up 12.8% for August 2014 in which the number of units closed were 874 compared to 775 in August 2013, with an decrease in cash sales by -0.9% compared to August 2013.
- New Pending Sales are up 6.5% and New Listings are down 2.0%.
- Median Sales Price for Brevard County Single Family Homes are up 19.2% to $155,000 compared to a year ago, which was $130,000.
- Months Supply of Inventory is down -7.7% to 3.8 months compared to 4.1 months in August 2013.
- Traditional Sales are up 28.9%, with a median sales price of $172,500.
- Foreclosure/REO Sales are up 1.9%, with a median sales price of $90,000.
- Short Sale Closings are down -57.0%, with a median sale price of $145,000.