How one chooses their real estate agent can vary greatly but I recommend using a very simple multiple agent interview process. I remember years ago when I chose a real estate agent to sell my house in Maryland I interviewed one agent and that was a disaster. This is post number one of a series of four about how to choose a real estate agent..
I understand that interviews take time but the importance of what is at stake requires sellers choose the right agent.
A structured interview with planned questions and defined answers you are seeking will speed the process. The below items are suggestions for organizing and conducting the interviews.
- I recommend sellers interview at least three agents.
- Let the real estate agents know before the interview how many agents you will be interviewing and when you will make your decision.
- Allow only one hour per real estate agent for the initial interview. Advise them that you will be allowing a one hour maximum time for the face to face interview. I suggest give them the courtesy of allowing them to phone you before the interview if they have specific questions.
- Prepare yourself for the interview. Expect questions from the agents and prepare a list of questions to ask each agent interviewed.
- Take notes on the agent presentation (good and not).
If you are considering selling your Viera, Florida home, please give me a call at 321-693-3850 to discuss how I can help you.
Call or send me an email to request a free market analysis.