Key point: The skills your agent brings to the table during that initial appointment will be the skills exhibited when it is time represent you!
Most experienced real estate agents will likely answer most of these questions during their presentation. Still, I suggest sellers review these questions and be ready to ask away!
- How long have you been the real estate business?
- Do you work alone or with a team of agents? [The point is to find out who covers the agent if they are not available.]
- What is your preferred way of communicating with me?
- How many listings do you currently have?
- How many of your listings have sold? [Its not how many but rather how successful!] What percentage of the original selling price did your sellers get on average?
- What has sold in my neighborhood (area, street, similar community)?
- What properties are currently on the market in my neighborhood? Are these regular sales or short sales or foreclosures?
- Have you ever sold a home in this neighborhood? If so, which one, when and what was your role in the transaction? [buyer's agent, seller's agent]
- How much can I get for my house? How long will it take to sell my home? Will you be the agent who sells my home?
- What recommendations do you have for me to consider when preparing my home for the market?
- Do you use open houses? Is my house a good candidate for an open house?
- How much do you charge?
- What is our market like? What is the inventory like? How long does it take to sell a house? What percentage of original listing price are sellers getting now?
- How many photos do you use in your marketing? Do you prepare video tours? Do you use a lock box? What type electronic or manual?
- What is your typical marketing plan? How will you market my home?
- Do you have a list of references I can call?
Here are links to the first two posts in this series.
If you are considering selling your Viera, Florida home, please give me a call at 321-693-3850 to discuss how I can help you.
Call or send me an email to request a free market analysis.