So what should a buyer do when presented with a multiple offer situation?
First of all, the other real estate agent most likely is not going to show you the offer or disclose the offer amount. I suggest these points of consideration for any buyer placing an offer on any property.
- Seriously consider your offer price regardless of other offers. Know the competition, know your budget.
- Submit a "clean" offer. By "clean" I mean a reasonable price with supporting documentation like mortgage pre-approval, proof of funds
letter, fewer contingencies (inspection, finanacing a must) and a quicker closing.
- Are you alright if you do not get the property?
- Are you satisfied your offer is reasonable and the highest you think a property is worth? Respond in a way that, regardless of outcome, you are satisfied.
- Consider minimizing the allowed response time to your offer (read "Why a buyer should give a short response time.").
Ready to buy a home in Viera, Florida? Give me a call at 321-693-3850 or send me an email.
If you are considering selling your Viera, Suntree or Rockledge, Florida home, please call me for a free market analysis.