Here is a brief, although not all inclusive, summary of some of the differences between Grand Isle and Heritage Isle in Viera.
- Heritage Isle is newer with construction occurring from about 2004 through current new construction. Grand Isle generally from around 2001 to roughly 2005.
- Both communities were developed by Lennar Builders but Heritage Isle had other builders on site as well.
- While both are gated communities, Heritage Isle has a security guarded main entry while Grand Isle is keypad entry. Heritage Isle also has another entry/exit for residents only.
- Grand Isle seems to have more "green" between the houses while Heritage Isle seems more zero lot line although the larger houses in Heritage Isle are on larger lots
- Grand Isle is all single family detached houses. Heritage Isle has three four-story condo buildings as well as patio style homes and duplex type houses in addition to single family detached units.
- Heritage Isle’s clubhouse (21,000 sq. ft.) is larger and open 7 days a week, Grand Isle closed on Sunday (last time I checked). Both have fitness centers, classes, pool, tennis, shuffleboard, etc.
- Prices in both communities are close for similar age/style size but newer and larger homes in Heritage Isle are more.
- Heritage Isle owners pay $300 - $400 (condos) monthly in dues while Grand Isle is around $225.
- While the facilities at Heritage Isle are more expansive than Grand Isle the residents own the facilities in Grand Isle and not in Heritage Isle.
Listing prices for all of these standard sales range from $208,900 to $269,900. The lowest priced home is a two bedroom two bath 1,545 sq.ft. home built in 2004. The other two listings are 3 bedroom 2 bath homes with just over 2,000 sq.ft. under air.
There have been 8 homes sold in Grand Isle over the past six months.
Selling prices ranged from $205,000 to $295,000 (average selling price about $261,000). Average home size was 1,968 sq.ft. under air. All eight of these sales were standard (fair market) sales.
While there are currently three homes under contract there have been only three closed since May 1, 2015. These included:
- 1473 Keys Gate Drive - Selling price, $251,000. 3 bedroom 2 bath 2 car garage, 2,011 sq.ft.
- 1541 Perdido Court - Selling price, $270,000. 3 bedroom 2 bath 2 car garage 2,011 sq.ft.
- 1696 Grand Isle Blvd -Selling price, $295,000. 4 bedroom 3 bath 3 car garage 2,274 sq.ft., waterfront.
While two of the above homes were the same sq.ft. 1541 Perdido Court had new granite counter tops, tank-less water heater, stainless appliances, porcelain tile throughout and possibly more (per MLS notes) which can account for differences in selling price.
If you are interested in a 55+ community in Florida, Grand Isle (and Heritage Isle) both deserve your consideration. Let me show you what Viera offers those seeking gated 55+ living!
Also, ask me about the Indian River Colony Club - a different style of 55+ community in Viera.