The same point can be said about real estate agents. In this business you are only as good as your last game (transaction).
When home sellers start interviewing real estate agents the line of questioning should include results.
The interview is the place where we all say the same thing..."Hire me...me, me, me!" The interview is the place where promises are made. The interview is where only the best is portrayed.
Agents have been know to advertise "we have thousands of buyers." They neglect the other important criterion like "qualified" and "motivated." While it may sound impressive the key selling a home is finding "ready, willing and able buyers."
Where are the results? It is not necessarily about how many listings an agent has had in your neighborhood. It is about how many listings actually sold. It is about how well the seller's goals were met (like time line,selling price, etc). It is about how smooth the process went from listing date to closing date.
Here are some articles to help with the real estate agent selection and interview process.
- Don't Answer This Question (first) When Interviewing Real Estate Agents!
- Choosing a real estate agent.
- What Sellers Want to Know.
- Be a Seller Who is "in the know"
- Why Should I Hire a Real Estate Agent to Sell My Home?
- Is it Necessary to Hire the Biggest Company to Sell Your Florida Home?
- What can a seller expect from their real estate agent?
- Twelve Articles to Help You Be a Successful Home Seller.