Presented below is a recap of the Brevard County Residential (single family home) market for August 2016 compared to August 2015 as provided by the Florida Realtors/Space Coast Association of Realtors.
- Closed Sales - Increased 1.5% in August 2016 with 879 units closed compared to 866 in August 2015 with a decrease in cash sales by -26.1% compared to August 2015.
- New Pending Sales - Up 1.8%.
- New Listings - Up 7.4%.
- Median Sales Price for Brevard Single Family homes - Up 14.7% to $195,000 vs. a year ago which was $170,000.
- Months Supply of Inventory - Decreased -7.4% to 2.5 months compared to 2.7 months in August 2015.
- Traditional Sales - Up 15.1% with a median sales price of $200,000.
- Foreclosure/REO Sales - Decreased -64% with a median sales price of $109,450.
- Short Sale Closings - Down -29.4% with a median sales price of $127,500.