When a house goes in the market - even in a seller's market - there is a golden period. This golden period is the initial first week or two when the new listing generates the most interest.
In a seller's market a home that is priced reasonably well and presents well will likely get an offer - even if not accepted - during the first thirty days.
If an offer is not received during the golden period consider whether the price violates the 30-10-1 rule (if a house does not have at least ten showings and one offer (not necessarily accepted) in the first thirty days then the price may be a problem).
There are really only three Ps to selling a house... pricing, preparation and presentation. The title of this post tells it like it is whether selling a house or going on a job interview....dress for success (preparation)!
This blog has over 150 articles discussing home sellers and the process. Here are ten articles that might just help if one is looking to sell their Melbourne, Florida home.
- Great Staging Will Not Overcome Deficiencies!
- Don't Forget These Things When Preparing to Sell Your House.
- There is a Right Way to be Remembered.
- Preparing to Sell Your House - Don't Forget Safety and Security.
- Show Your Home - Not Your Stuff!
- Too Much Stuff Can Make Your House Look Small!
- Some Easy Fixes!
- Preparing Your Home - Its All About the Senses.
- Preparation For Selling Should Be Done First - Before Listing!
- Why Would Someone Want YOUR House to Be THEIR Next House?
The above articles focus more on presentation than the actual process of selling your Brevard County, Florida home. If you have questions regarding the process or want a free market analysis, call or text me at 321-693-3850.
Gary Waters (Waters Realty) is a one person brokerage in central Brevard County providing personalized advice to customers one at a time.